Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Wrapping Up the Art Debate

This past week at E3, the leaders of the Video Game industry were given a chance to elevate the debate on video games versus art.

http://www.fastcompany.com/1662313/video-games-art-roger-ebert-nintendo-sony-microsoft

I'm not planning to dwell on this any more than this.  Ebert refuses to engage with his opponents, hasn't played and refuses to play any games and just prefers to snipe from the cheap seats.  As I've said before, I don't really care about video games, I care about art and resist the efforts to put it in boxes with clear labels attached.  I still think the existence of the debate is the proof of potential if nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages to Type is a blog about books, writing and literary culture (with the occasional digression into coffee and the care and feeding of giant robots).