Saturday, October 30, 2010

A Classic-Style Story Deserves a Classic-Style Cover

Planning to write old school SciFi makes me nostalgic for those ratty little paperbacks my dad used to pay a quarter for off a flea market spinner rack. They usually had a space man or a robot on the cover. If I was lucky, there was a girl and maybe some dude with a laser pistol, but they ALWAYS had titles in all-caps.

So it was only a matter of time before I created a ratty pulp mass market cover for Howard Carter.  And with some time on my hands and a day to go before I can start officially putting words on the screen, I had to do something right?

Oh, November, why must you wait until Monday to begin?  Why, oh why, oh why?

1 comment:

Pages to Type is a blog about books, writing and literary culture (with the occasional digression into coffee and the care and feeding of giant robots).