Thursday, June 25, 2009

Feverse

Weather Scott
Good thing I'm not that into math because that looks like it hurts. Yeah, I'm not feeling well, but I have stuff to do so here I sit at my laptop. Which is a bad idea for many reasons, not least of which is that fever is bad for me. It makes me do things I wouldn't normally do, like posting word puzzles and thinking in verse. Don't worry, tomorrow, you'll wake up and find out this was all a dream... Recursing Want to sleep to de-stress, Wake up in a new mess, New stress & old stress, Sent to my address, To much shit to confess Go to sleep to de-stress. Grounded by our old views, Old Ways are the new ruse, Villains leave the most clues, But heroes owe the most dues, Drowning in the crying hews, Because we saw it all on Fox News. Sleeping 'till the phone rings, A mattress made by old kings, With new stress on the old things, And old stress on our new things, Duck the shit that life brings, And sleep until the phone rings. Film @ Eleven Impending doom sells the seconds, Millions for the moments between disasters, Square jaws clench in concern, Pale cheeks flush with the stress Of telling us we're all going to die, (after these words from our sponsors). Millions die, Disasters multiply. Take all you want, We'll make more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages to Type is a blog about books, writing and literary culture (with the occasional digression into coffee and the care and feeding of giant robots).