Sunday, May 10, 2009

Your Mama!

Happy mothers day mom! Thank you! For telling me it was ok to be a writer as long as I got my homework done first (not that I ever did) and for everything else you ever did to get me where I am today alive and intact, I thank you. And to all the moms out there, thank you for all you do! We salute you for the labor you endured, the diapers you changed, the noses you wiped and even the spit on the kleenex that shined our cheeks free of smudges. Our lives, our world would not be the same without you and would be so much better if only we listened a bit more now and again. I love you mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages to Type is a blog about books, writing and literary culture (with the occasional digression into coffee and the care and feeding of giant robots).