Sunday, February 22, 2009

Happy Belated Birthday, Mr. Lincoln


"If this is tea, please bring me some coffee. If this is coffee, please bring me some tea."
                                                        -Abraham Lincoln 

I would have wished him happy birthday sooner, but Americans don't really like celebrating things on the day they happened. Why ruin a perfectly good chance at a long weekend? Besides, it took awhile for me to track down the coffee quote. 

Photo by me, because I figure you've all seen enough pictures of Lincoln for one month. Why Hemingway? I say: why not Hemingway? That coffee came from the shadows of Kilimanjaro after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages to Type is a blog about books, writing and literary culture (with the occasional digression into coffee and the care and feeding of giant robots).