Monday, May 18, 2009

Welcome to Pages to Type

We have newcomers! Welcome and well-met. These are the current Standard Operating Procedures for Pages to Type. Please review the SOP's before reading further...
  • This is a "novel blog" which is not really novel, but it is about a novel (sometimes) and the novelist who is writing it (mostly).
  • Safety goggles or Cokebottle nerd glasses should be worn at all times. The thicker the frames & lenses, the better.
  • If you should get any novelty in your eye, flush with water and seek medical help immediately.
  • Nothing found herein should be construed as the entire view of the author or anyone else living, dead or existing in an indeterminate state caused by fluctuations in space and time.
  • This is where I warehouse the overflow of ideas that occur to me as I write other things. If I put it here, I know where it is and can keep an eye on it.
  • Please feel free to feed the ideas. One can never feed an idea too much, they're happier when they're plump.
  • WARNING: Improper application may cause excessive coffee drinking, insomnia, Post-it notes on the bathroom mirror and the urge to type into the wee hours of the morning.
Read at your own risk. If we haven't met IRL, I'm Scott. I am a Pacific Northwest Writer, which means I live on an island in Puget Sound with my wife and two spoiled cats. I have one novel in circulation seeking publication and/or representation and another on the thumbdrive waiting for me to get back to it. This blog updates almost every day (unless I'm participating in a blog challenge such as BEDA.) and focuses on writing and the changes our literary culture is enduring as it transitions from ink to electrons. My passions are writing, reading, coffee, art and gardening, but what fascinates me most is the ever-changing intersections of writing and technology. The "Blog as Novel" phenomenon, the evolution of self-publishing as the 'Summer Stock' of the big publishing houses and the revival of short-form fiction on the internet are all topics I cover here at Pages to Type. I write historical fiction and mysteries, so there's always going to be an element of historical perspective in everything I post here as well. Blog Update I've added the Twitter gadget. I resisted Twitter for quite awhile, but so many of my friends are micro-blogging now I had to get an account to keep up with them. It's an exercise in brevity, a muscle writers could always stand to exercise...
Welcome!

3 comments:

  1. Now you will never get any work done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I finished the first draft of my novel, I've earned a bit of time to explore the digital landscape.

    Anyway, it's time to riffle through the mental junk drawers for awhile and see what comes up as I research the next book and spend some serious time revising the last one and marketing the one before that... Hrm.

    My Summer is looking awfully crowded from this vantage point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on finishing your draft. If you need a reader, let me know.

    ReplyDelete

Pages to Type is a blog about books, writing and literary culture (with the occasional digression into coffee and the care and feeding of giant robots).