Wednesday, October 28, 2009

How to Find Your "Writing Nest" - wikiHow

Of course, as you know, I write in a public place most of the time. Nevertheless, at home I have a writing nook. The Engineer calls it my "nest" which is why I found it inordinately funny when my friend Denny pointed me to this article. In all, there's some good advice here and it bears the hallmarks of an article written by a writer who was procrastinating something else they were supposed to be writing. (When I do that, I call it blogging... ahem.) It all seems so obvious, but it's the sort of thing that people ask me about sometimes, so... here ya go! Enjoy! How to Find Your "Writing Nest" - wikiHow

2 comments:

  1. That's pretty funny that you have a nest. I consider going out to write more of an escape, with my favorites being coffee establishments and libraries, especially in areas with colleges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nature of my work is such that I'm home three days a week. On an island. Far far far away from any coffeeshoppes. (Alas poor me) On those days, I sit in my chair in the library with the stack of Books Yet To Be Read and reference materials close at hand. I prefer the convivial hustle & bustle of the cafe or the library at the college where I work, so I'm a bit of both, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete

Pages to Type is a blog about books, writing and literary culture (with the occasional digression into coffee and the care and feeding of giant robots).