Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Kerouac is a verb?

Note: I had to write a new bio for the NaNoWriMo site and decided that playing it straight wasn't any fun...

---

Two years of journalism school taught me primarily that it wasn't the kind of writing I wanted to do. I ended up in art school for awhile before dropping out to climb mountains and Kerouac my way across the country.

I wrote some poetry until I had my poetic license pulled for trying to smuggle bootleg limericks across the border. After I got out of the Writers Bloc, I dabbled in political blogging and techwriting. The love of a good woman rescued me and now I help run a local writing center while I sell my first novel.

I placed 18th overall (out of over 10,000 entrants) in the 6th Annual Writer's Digest Short-Short Story Contest (published by Trafford Press) with the story "Armageddon Interruptus". This is a humorous romp through the difficulties of staging a proper apocalypse, the difficulty in finding a properly pale horse, practical accountancy and daylight savings time.

(An appalling amount of that is actually true.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages to Type is a blog about books, writing and literary culture (with the occasional digression into coffee and the care and feeding of giant robots).